Friday 6 February 2009

New Pages Alert!


The first of a fresh batch of pages have been added to HYPNOGORIA! And there's more to come very soon! Plus an existing page has gotten an upgrade.


Plus as it's Friday afternoon and I'm looking forward to a debauched weekend in Mancunia, I'll even give out a hint as to where the brand spanking new page is lurking - the answer's in an old book. Too cryptic? The link is in an circle...


And while I'm here... Although when I started this blog I said I wouldn't be posting dull IT related moaning, something has come up which I feel compelled to witter about. Recently here at Hypnogoria Towers, we got a new super fast computer. And as is the way of these things , the new beast came with Vista preloaded. So I've had a good play about with it and was pleased to see a few of my XP bugbears have been fixed. For example, when you go to the Add/Remove programs, the list of installed tat is actual there with none of XP's 'please wait while the list is populated' bollocks - usually at the speed of a pensioner thumbing through Yellow Pages and always gave me the impression the OS didn't actually know what the hell was installed on it.

So Vista thus far is scoring well in my book. But... which propeller-head gibbon decided that the logical place for 'Format' on the right click menu is next to 'Safely Remove hardware'? Yes, Mircosoft I'd love to accidentally erase my portable HD when trying to unplug it. Well done! Still I suppose we can take comfort from the fact that this piece of design tomfoolery implies that should Bill Gates ever hold the world to ransom with a doomsday machine, there will be a large, masterplan-foiling, red self destruct button clearly visible...

What else? Oh yeah, there's a review of The Incredible Hulk in the works which may get posted tomorrow, hangover permitting...

No comments: