Saturday 25 November 2017

HYPNOGORIA 76 - The True and Twisted History of the League of Gentlemen


This Christmas, a certain quartet of scallywags are reforming to mark the 20th anniversary of their first broadcasts, and hence in this episode, Mr Jim Moon is heading into deepest and darkest corners of the benighted little town of  Royston Vasey to uncover the true and twisted history of that now legendary comedy troupe, the League of Gentlemen!


Find all the podcasts in the HYPNOGORIA family here -

HYPNOGORIA HOME DOMAIN - Full archive, RSS feed and other useful links

HYPNOGORIA on iTunes

HYPNOGORIA on STITCHER

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in second year at high school when my dad shouted me down the stair and said "This will be right up you're street." and he wasn't wrong. I remember getting the Scripts And That book for my birthday. Honorable mention should also go to the League's "Blood On Satan's Claw" commentary. I first came across the title in volume three of Shock Express a year or so later that I found in a discount book shop. An article inside detailed the making of the film and a few words with the director. There was an internet back then but I had no access to it so unless Channel 4 put it on at 01:40 one Friday/Saturday, I was pretty much fucked.
When I came across a box set of Tigon productions (coffin shaped like the Amicus one) with Blood On Satan's Claw included, I bought it immediately and rushed home. When I stuck the dvd in and noticed on the menu that there was a commentary track by 3/4ths of the League Of Gentlemen you can imagine the reaction. They brutally but lovingly send up Patrick Wymark, Linda Hayden, and the demon and also reveal lots of behind the scenes League lore in the process.
ST.CLAIRE